Chinese Language Mentor is built on the Language Mentor platform - an open ...
Chinese Language Mentor is built on the Language Mentor platform - an open platform which allows anyone to create audio-centric language lessons and publish them to the world.
This app is the same as the universal Language Mentor app, except that:
• Its logo is different
• Mandarin Chinese has been pre-selected as the language that will be studied
What is Language Mentor? On the one hand, it's a simple audio-centric language practice app. On the other, it's an open platform. Language Mentor's audio-centric approach is designed to allow busy people to study while doing other things - exercising, cleaning, etc. - which creates additional language practice time out of thin air.
Features for Learners:
• "Mostly Audio" format creates language study time where none existed before
• Record/Playback allows learners to hear and perfect their pronunciation
• "I Know This" button allows learners to suppress sentences and phrases that they have mastered, and focus on the content that they haven't mastered
• Multiple learning modes for learning new content, translation practice, etc.
• Anyone can create lessons for any language
• Lessons are published to "lesson libraries" which can be located anywhere on the Internet
• Individuals and institutions can create libraries and share them with the world
• Teachers can create libraries for their classes and for individual students
• Users decide which libraries they wish to use
• Language Mentor is a free and open platform. Lesson creators provide their library's URL to users, users add the library to Language Mentor, and Language Mentor starts downloading lessons. It's that simple. You don't pay us any fee, and there is no approval process.*
• Language Mentor maintains a list of recommended libraries. If you'd like us to consider recommending your library please contact us via LanguageCollaborative.com.
• Our lesson format allows authors to include "credits" information with their lessons. We encourage you to give credit to all contributors, including yourself.
• Creating lessons requires some geek skills. If you are comfortable with editing audio and using an FTP client, you should be able to learn the process fairly easily.
• Our website (LanguageCollaborative.com) provides detailed documentation of the lesson creation process. If you need further help, we're happy to provide it via the forums on the website.
If you're interested in creating and publishing lessons for Language Mentor, we suggest that you download the universal version of the app (simply search for "Language Mentor" on this App Store) and check out our website at LanguageCollaborative.com.
* We reserve the right to block libraries for any reason, including but not limited to content that is illegal, obscene, libelous, or hateful. On the other hand, we make no commitment to doing this. We support free speech. If you are concerned that we might block you content, we invite you to contact us at LanguageCollaborative.com for clarification before you start work on creating lessons.
Copyright © 2007 - 2016 war4.com All rights reserved.