Roget's Thesaurus is a widely used English-language thesaurus, created by P...
Roget's Thesaurus is a widely used English-language thesaurus, created by Peter Mark Roget. The thesaurus is composed of six primary classes:
- Words Expressing Abstract Relations
- Words Relating to Space
- Words Relating to Matter
- Words Relating to the Intellectual Faculties
- Words Releasing to the Voluntary Powers
- Words Relating to the Sentient and Moral Powers
Each class is composed of multiple divisions and then sections.
Words in the same sections are not strictly synonyms, they can be viewed as colours or connotations of a meaning or as a spectrum of a concept. One of the most general words is chosen to typify the spectrum as its headword, which labels the whole group.
This app provides an offline version of the thesaurus.
▪ This app is also included in bundle:
- English Synonym Thesaurus
- English Thesaurus Etymology
▪ If you want to suggest a new feature or report a bug, please send feedback to us. Thank you!
Thank you for using our app!
We fix some bug in this version.
Copyright © 2007 - 2016 war4.com All rights reserved.